Friday, August 28, 2009

My Super Sweet Husband

On Sunday Kyle told me that he was going to make dinner and that I was not allowed in the kitchen. He spent a couple of minutes watching a YouTube video on how to make ravioli. I guess one of his guy co-workers mention how he made home-made ravioli and Kyle thought if he can do it, so can I. It wasn't until he started stuffing the ravioli that I had any idea of what he was making.
~
He kept saying things like "how much salt do you think this needs?" or "maybe I'll just use 2 cups of flour." I stared in amazement because I'm not one to usually deviate from a recipe (especially on the first time). I started getting nervous when he said "maybe I should have written down the recipe." And since I had no idea what he was making I couldn't help him. He started out by making a mound of flour on the counter and then made a hole in the center (kind of like when you make a hole in your mashed potatoes for the gravy). Then he added 2 eggs and some salt into the hole. With a fork he slowly stirred the eggs inside the bowl of flour. A little bit at a time he would push flour into the hole until it formed a nice dough. Impressive, huh?!
~
He then rolled it out and cut circles.


Here is the final product. It was really good ~ I was so impressed!
I'm going to have to make him cook more often :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum! I"m jealous

steph said...

Wow! I'm super impressed! Mmmm .. pasta sounds good right now!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

oh my gourmet!

Lora said...

Way to go kyle! What a fun thing to make! By the way you look amazing! Your hair is SO long!

Christy said...

tom and i are laughing out loud at the image of kyle trying to remember how to make it. he's so funny. but way to go, it looks delicious! seeing this picture made us miss little allie! (and you too, of course.)

Jason & Kelli West said...

wow that is so sweet of him! AND the fact that it turned out and was edible gives him extra points. I fear the food my husband makes. I told him he had to go to culinary school before he cooks around home..lol! I love the picture of you and Allie. So cute! I saw your Mom and Dad at walmart last week. We had our boys with us so they were able to meet them. I love your mom, she is always so sweet! I hope you are doing well Jill! Next time you are up all of us should go to dinner or something!

merrilykaroly said...

that looks delicious! you are such a gorgeous brunette!

Lauren said...

That looks so yummy! I am so impressed. I had Brad come over and read the post... maybe he'll get some ideas ;)

What a good hubby you have!

Shana said...

that's awesome! he's going to have to make some for us sometime!

Holli and Corey Walton said...

Man, he went all out! That IS impressive!

Jason and Kimber said...

I am impressed too! I am going to show Jason this post haha! Hey I love you hair LONG and DARK. It is way cute on you.