I was tucking Allie into bed the night before Thanksgiving, and I was explaining what Thanksgiving Day was all about. I told her that I was thankful for her, for dad, for the baby, for Jesus and she replied that she was thankful for GG & Papa. I continued to tell her that I was thankful for food, our house, our cars, our health and she replied, "I'm thankful for bacon." Kids really do say the funniest things.
Thanksgiving morning I was watching Allie eat her scrambled eggs and I just had the most thankful heart that my daughter has never known hunger. What a horrible feeling that would be. I'm so grateful that we are able to provide for her needs.
~
I'm so grateful for all that my Father in Heaven has given me. We are so blessed.

Thanksgiving morning I was watching Allie eat her scrambled eggs and I just had the most thankful heart that my daughter has never known hunger. What a horrible feeling that would be. I'm so grateful that we are able to provide for her needs.
~
I'm so grateful for all that my Father in Heaven has given me. We are so blessed.
4 comments:
So true. I've thought about that before too...how hard it would be to see your child go hungry. What a darling picture of her!! She's a beauty :)
How cute! And Happy Anniversary...I think it was the 20th maybe? Hope you were able to do something fun!
me too allie, me too!!
and jill, i agree with your sentiment 100%. Sometimes when I am feeling sorry for myself, I kick my pouty feelings out the window with that very thought.
allie, what a funny girl! that picture is so cute of her. and thanks for the reminder on how blessed we really are. i too am so grateful that we have always had the neccessities. love you girl!
Post a Comment