Friday, January 22, 2010

A Sun-beep!

Allie is officially a Sunbeam (she calls it Sun-beeps). The first week I dropped her off I sat down with her while we were waiting for her teacher to come and she told me to go and tried to push me out of the chair. The second week there was hesitation and a few tears when I dropped her off. But it only took 2 minutes with me out of the room to completely warm up and be herself again.
~
During class the teacher asked Allie where we go when we die...she replied, "Utah!" Close...not quite :) She's already said the prayer in opening exercises...which I heard she did all by herself and was quite lengthy. In between classes I'll peek in to see how she is doing and I can tell she is going to be a handful. One time I caught her on her stomach under her chair. Another behind the chalk board at the front of the room. And then once sitting in her chair....at the front of the room, next to podium, facing the other kids.
~
I can't believe I have a Sunbeam! It is so fun to see her grow and learn.
~
I took some pictures of her in her Sunday outfit on her first day as a Sunbeam but when I uploaded them they were corrupted and now they have disappeared. I was so bummed! So unfortunately this post doesn't have a picture.

1 comment:

Christy said...

WOW! i can't believe little allie's a sunbeam! how funny. you will have to keep the stories coming. who is the teacher these days?