Friday, July 9, 2010

Houston, we will miss you.

We stopped to take this picture a little over two years ago when we packed up all we owned and moved to Houston, Texas. Now in two weeks we will pack up all we own and move it all back.





Houston has been good to us. Really good to us! Not only have we grown closer, but we've grown in size too...with the addition of this little Texan!




We watched as Allie went from this adorable toddler...




to this beautiful little girl!


I can honestly say that I have loved it here! It has EVERYTHING to do with the wonderful friends we have made out here. I wish I had pictures of you all, but you know who you are and you've been our family away from family as we have lived out here. Our ward has been amazing! Such strong, loving people who take care of each other. We will miss you terribly!


Houston came with a few adventures...including Hurricane Ike.


And a gun shot wound to Kyle's leg (and NO!, Kyle didn't shoot himself!). You can read more about it here (end of the post).

~

Well, we are about to start a new adventure! Kyle has accepted a job with Novell and is really excited for this opportunity...and not to mention flying fishing and BYU games!!


Thank you Texas for all the wonderful memories!

11 comments:

Shana said...

We will miss you guys for sure. I have loved being able to see you guys and visit as often has we have these past few years. It makes me sad cause I can honestly say I don't know when I will see you guys again!! I hope the move goes well. Give my Allie bear and my little hunk of a man BIG hugs and kisses from there aunt Shan! Love you guys!

Mindy Jo said...

I'm so happy for you and Kyle, Jill! You're finally "going home!" I envy your adventures!
It really has been wonderful to have you all so close. Now we'll just have to make more of an effort to see each other, but ya'll are sure worth it! Love you lots,
MJ
xoxo

Nicole and Scott said...

I am beyond excited that you are moving back...we must have lunch as soon as you do!

Jessica Dahlquist said...

What a sweet post! I'm so happy that you're able to move back near family, but I'm glad TX treated you well!

Jessica Dahlquist said...

What a sweet post! I'm so happy that you're able to move back near family, but I'm glad TX treated you well!

Lora said...

it's always hard to leave wonderful places-and I'm so glad you were in Houston so that got to know you BUT i'm even more excited you're coming to Utah so we can see you more often!! Horray

=) I love the list of events

Christy said...

wow, crazy how much has changed in the past two years for you guys. houston was a GREAT place to live, that is for sure. i'm sure you guys will be very missed there.

BUT i am very excited to get in some good revell time. i'm holding us all to the monthly dinners!

Lanenga Family said...

Wow! Congrats! Didn't know you were moving back to Utah--hope all goes well!

The "Feet" said...

yeah!!!! i am so excited!!! we are moving back august 7th!!! I am so happy to start hanging back out. i have missed our bestest friends! More memories to make.

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the job, but we will miss you guys!

Julia said...

Oh my gosh! You're leaving?! Crazy! Well it'll be nice that you'll be close to family again! Miss you even though we didn't see each other much.