Here in Houston they only sell the fluffy, kid bread...I seriously considered bringing home Grandma Sycamore bread in my suitcase when I went to Utah for Christmas. Instead I decided to learn how to make homemade bread. So a couple of weeks ago a few friends of mine got together and made bread. Since then I've had to make a batch weekly because it has become a favorite snack for both Kyle and Allie. Another added benefit is that it cost me $2 to make 2 loaves while Walmart sells one loaf of fluffy bread for around $2.50.

Allie tore off pieces to snack on while this batch was cooling.
14 comments:
ahhh, sneaky hands are the BEST proof that the bread is in fact delicious! haha!
Grandma Sycamore bread sounds SO FAMILAIR (maybe that's the kind I bought?) but I just can't remember!
I think I'd like to try making homemade bread! :) you'll have to give me pointers!
I love homemade bread. I am going to be brave and try to make some soon! We have a Wonder bread outlet next to our house where bread is so cheap though. We are lucky...we just found it yesterday. Oh and I love that Grandma Bread...i could eat it all day! :)
I can't do anything without my bread maker, good job!
My blog is all thanks to you, thank you so much for helping me. We were totally dissecting your blog html code and size all night last night. THen we figured out that photobucket was uploading it the wrong size. We finally got it though. Love You!
heck yah! love the bread. just made some yesterday myself. i still have yet to get mine to be as big as yours--i think because of the rapid rise yeast thing. i'm so glad we tried it out and it turned out so good! now, where do you buy cheap flour? i run out quick these days!
jill that bread looks awesome!!!
do you have a good roll recipe?
The bread looks awesome! Do you use bread flour or all purpose?
I told Jason when we move to Arizona I am going to start making us homemade bread, but first I have to learn. Do you use a bread maker or just a kitchen aid?
Love the little bite marks, so cute!
Looks good! I really like making bread. My mom always made us bread growing up. On the days she made bread we ended up just having bread (with butter, jam, honey, etc) for dinner because it is just sooo good fresh from the oven!
Hey if it is good enough for little hands to steal it MUST be fantastic! It looks delish - I'm horrible at bread. Is it an easy recipe?
Looks so good! You need to post your recipe.
Is your sister in law still doing photography? Can you email me her contact info? I need to get 6 month pics done for the twins!
which kit did you use for your blog background?
You are your mother child and you'll be the best cook ever anyday now!
Love all the cute pics. Helps me see what you're doing. Love ya, Marvalee
I've wanted to make bread for the longest time. I just might try it now. That looks so yummy.
Post a Comment