A couple of weeks ago a huge rain storm came through and as a result canceled our Ward's cannery night. I was bummed...I had saved and planned on it for a couple of months. The next cannery night was going to be while I was in Utah. Lately I've been on a big food storage kick and I have had a real desire to get prepared. Well, my RS president called me and offered to watch Allie so I could go in the middle of the day with another ward. She has 4 kids and home schools them so she is already so busy. I accepted her offer (with MUCH gratitude). When I picked up Allie I could tell that Allie had the best time. She colored, played in the back yard, played with puppets and stickers and so much more. My president makes it look so effortless...I'm always amazed. Oh, and when I picked up my daughter she had offered to watch two other kids in the ward because their mom was super sick. Amazing.
~


10 comments:
Those are adorable pictures! She is getting so big!
So cute...
We can't wait to see you! Allie has changed already, I don't know how that is possible! She looks darling!
Ps karen is amazing how does she do it? Do you know if she has a blog?
seriously, that karen rocks. she is such a good mom, you can just tell by talking to her once. i'm glad you got to go to the cannery-- i know you've been preparing for a while!
Thank goodness for good friends! You should check out my cousin's blog...she has GREAT recipes and ideas for food storage and emergency preparedness. http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com
CUTE PICS!
What an awesome RS pres! :) She does make it look easy huh!?
Have fun in Utah! Your fam is going to be SO EXCITED to have you guys back for a bit!
Ditto to all the previous comments!
How exciting you get to come for a visit! And look how adorable your little one is, seriously so cute! About the dresses you asked me about, I just made them like a tutu just a lot longer and then tied a ribbon on it to use as the halter they were super easy!!!
i'm glad you got to go with another ward. karen is such a great asset to the sisters of white oak. just as much as you are!! how is enrichment going??
little allie is so precious.
She is such a girl! I love it!
Post a Comment