Wednesday, April 29, 2009

things to remember

*Allie loves to tell stories! It is fun to listen to her ramble on about her day; things she saw and people she knows. Most lines start with "And so...." in true story telling fashion. She also throws in a few fake laughs while slapping her knee. If you let her she will go on and on. Although I can understand most of what she says regularly, every other line in her stories are in another language.

*Every Sunday, Allie's nursery leader comes up to me laughing about how Allie likes to organize and keep things neat. This isn't something we've just discovered, she's been like this forever. The nursery leader tells me she always makes sure the doors to the closet are closed. I guess it bugs her to have one open and the others closed. She also will line up all of the animals in groups (giraffes with the giraffes, elephants with the elephants, etc). She also separates her fruit loops into colors. Tonight we were having Hawaiian haystacks for dinner. Allie freaked out when I layered her food so I had to dump it out. Then little miss independant separated everything into sections on her plate. Wow!

4 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

ha! That's cute! I wish I had some of her highly organized ways! :)

jax said...

That is so funny! Allie is so cute!! And she looks so grown up!

Amy Jo said...

I may need to start praying for a little girl who loves to be organzied as much as I do, maybe I will get one like yours =)

Christy said...

she's so cute! we sure miss her!