I'm officially 25 years old. I had the best day yesterday. My friend Annie took me to Chili's for lunch and then we came back to to the house to watch Sense & Sensibility. I believe it was the BBC version and it was amazing. Very well done. I opened my presents when Kyle got home from work. I got a darling purse from Darren & Debi, a cute bracelet and ring from Julie & Steve and I picked out a sweet new grill from my parents. Thanks guys!
~
Joe & Annie came back over to watch Allie while Kyle took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was so good!
PLEASE APPRECIATE HIS CREATIVITY :)
The outside is the paper bag from the store he bought my gift. Then he removed the handles from the bag and used it to tie off the top of the present.
Kyle got me 8 containers from the Container Store! I couldn't wait to fill them up. Inside them I put flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, sugar, powdered sugar, wheat, rye, and bisquick. When I came back to Houston after my trip to Utah I had bugs in my flour and bisquick...SICK...so I went out in search of some really good air-tight containers. I was in love when I found these. My kitchen doesn't have tons of cabinet space so I wanted something I could put on my counter and I love that these are stackable.
The Kitchen-Aid Mixer was my birthday present a couple of years ago...isn't my husband the best!
Kyle also spoiled me with several new shirts and pants before my trip to Utah. He's the best!
~
Family Night
Kyle took us to a local park for Family Night on Monday. It has a small fishing pond stocked with fish. Kyle was so excited to take Allie fishing. We didn't know what kind of fish were in the pond but we soon learned we didn't have the right bait. We'll go back soon and let Allie catch a fish.
Allie running through the water fountains ~ this was her favorite part of the night.
Kyle got me 8 containers from the Container Store! I couldn't wait to fill them up. Inside them I put flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, sugar, powdered sugar, wheat, rye, and bisquick. When I came back to Houston after my trip to Utah I had bugs in my flour and bisquick...SICK...so I went out in search of some really good air-tight containers. I was in love when I found these. My kitchen doesn't have tons of cabinet space so I wanted something I could put on my counter and I love that these are stackable. The Kitchen-Aid Mixer was my birthday present a couple of years ago...isn't my husband the best!
Kyle also spoiled me with several new shirts and pants before my trip to Utah. He's the best!~
Family Night
Kyle took us to a local park for Family Night on Monday. It has a small fishing pond stocked with fish. Kyle was so excited to take Allie fishing. We didn't know what kind of fish were in the pond but we soon learned we didn't have the right bait. We'll go back soon and let Allie catch a fish.

Allie running through the water fountains ~ this was her favorite part of the night.

20 comments:
I am glad you had such a good birthday! I want those containers!!!!!
Jill I am so glad that you had such a great day! I wish we could have been there with you to celebrate! I have something for you but I think I will just wait to give it to you when we come down in August!! Can't wait to see you guys and Happy Birthday!
Cute jill! It looks like your birthday went good!! Next year will be better!! :D love you.
Happy birthday Jill! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Isn't it funny how after being married, getting storage containers for your birthday can be so great? I love it!
Jill! I feel like a bum for not knowing it was birthday! Happy birthday! Kyle sure knows you to get you that gift it's perfect! It sounds like you had a great celebration! We sure miss you, wish you were here to talk!
XOXO
happy birthday jill! i feel like i should have known that before reading this post. :( i'm so glad you had a good one. tom was just saying today how much he misses you guys. and it's true!!! don't you want to start the MBA a little earlier???
what a sweet husband you have!! the wrapping is awesome...and so manly. hey at least yours gets twisted at the top. my lovely husband runs out to the car, grabs the bag, and just hands it over, receipt and all ;)
p.s. i love your containers!
happy birthday!
I'm so glad you had a great birthday! I definitely need to get some of those containers!
happy belated birthday Jill! Kyle is so thoughtful!
You just turned 25! I didn't know I was older than you?! How fun. I like your containers. I especially like that they are stackable. Is that park off Fairbanks and Houston, Im pretty sure i've been there.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Not to be a downer...but reading this I just got a big lump in my throat because I was thinking how much fun it would have been to be there WITH ya!
That, and seeing the little park...and various other memories.
You guys are the best! Happy birthday Jill!
Ah Jill! I just love you, but who doesn't!? :)
So where did you end up finding the right containers? I've tried everything and nothing works!
Happy Birthday!!! I just love your hair dark! You look so good! Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!
Happy Birthday Jill! I am glad you had a great day, those containers are awesome. I love that you can see what is actually in them. Awesome!
Happy Birthday Jill... sounds like you had a tonz of fun!!!
Happy Birthday, sounds like a good one!!
It looks like you guys had a great day! Happy Birthday!!
you're so pretty Jill. Happy Birthday!! sounds like it was a good one! i love how kyle wrapped the present. reminds me of my dad wrapping things in a plastic bag and duck tape. :D
We are in Dallas until the middle of Novemeber. You guys are in Houston right? Maybe sometime we will make a trip down that way. How are you liking it?! It's really hot and humid but I kind of like it. Let us know if you ever make it up this way!
Post a Comment